I'm Aliiiiiive!

Quick update: mostly chugging along, in the midst of students' changing schedules for the school year due to sports and other crap; getting ready to also experiment a little with teaching out of my home for the first time.  I'm excited about that, and welcome any kind of change as I get depressed when things become too mundane and routine in my life.

A few days ago I was involved in a minor car accident-- I wasn't at fault.  Was just sitting there at a light and bam! lady behind me got rammed by a girl who basically wasn't paying attention to the road (she keeps claiming she was paying attention and that she was NOT on her phone...none of us can really prove that) and in turn, I hit the car in front of me while still applying the brakes.  I'm totally fine, but of course I sit and wait to hear from the other girl's insurance company and watch them try to screw me over.
Interesting thing-- literally a few hours after the accident, my cell phone lit up with calls from law offices, doctors offices and auto repair shops, and they've been nonstop since, calling from 8am-8pm.  Anyone experience that after an accident before?

I'm not hurt, and I'm not a litigious person at.all...all I want is for my Mini Cooper to be restored like new and move on with life. Just give me that and I'll be content.

What else, what else, what else....

My parents visited the past weekend to help me revamp my back patio, and it looks really good!  Also got some Boston ferns to hang on my tiny front stoop.  Love it.  I'll take pictures and post later.

Today was my "off" day...I'll sure miss those once school starts and I begin teaching in my home on those days...but I'll also be glad for the extra income and ability to have to literally not leave my home in order to teach.  I won't complain about that.

Fitness wise....ugh. Let's not go there.  Haven't done anything in weeks.  But yet, I feel thinner than ever, probably only because I've been more stressed the past 2 days than I usually am.  As a result, I lost 3 lbs. Woohoo!!

But seriously, after this whole accident crap is settled, I need to get back into a fitness and practice routine, FOR REAL.  I'm 30 now...can't fool around anymore :(

I miss you all :(  Please send me an email, friend me on FB...or just leave a message. It really brightens up my day!

Comments

Valerie said…
Welcome back!! I'm glad to hear that all is well with you. It sounds like you've been having a good time living life. I hope all continues to go well!
Gaby said…
Thanks, Valerie! There are ups and downs...but life isn't really bad...I'm still here!

Hope you've gotten a chance to slow down and breathe a little, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)