Feeling better

Just wanted to pop in and quickly say that I am feeling better since the last post I wrote.

Fellow blogger, Shelley, left some encouraging words and reminded me quickly that all isn't lost yet. This is very true and I must remember that each day my mom is still here.

It also does help that today we had some nice weather, in the 70s, and I went out for a run/walk on a trail at Sharon Woods for the first time in a very long time. It was very hard with the stroller, I'll admit. But still felt good to get the blood flowing and heart pumping.

In other news, Maddie, The Precocious Toddler, is now able to climb out of her crib:/
On Saturday afternoon, Ryan and I had put Maddie down for her nap and settled down in the living room (which is right outside her room since we live in a bi-level) expecting to be able to relax for at least 20 minutes before tending to some tasks.  We suddenly heard Maddie's door squeak open and we look at each other confused; I remember wondering, "did I not close her door all the way? That's one strong air current right there!" Lo and behold, Maddie comes scurrying out with a big smile on her face. That rascal! After that, all attempts to put her back into bed we're pointless. She just kept climbing out and running out with even more finesse and speed. Ugh!

We thought we had outsmarted her by lowering her mattress all the way down to the ground, but last night as Ryan went to bed and I started some laundry, the stinker ran out again! I put her back to bed with some songs and a prayer thinking she was too tired to try again. Nope. But this time, she fell and cried from the shock. Third time back in she stayed. Sigh.

I'm considering buying one of those sleep sacks or sewing her PJ legs together!!!

It's times like these where I'm so glad we held off on trying to have another kid-- I've got my hands full with this one, thank you very much.

*Update as I'm writing this: I had to stop in the middle of writing this post because I heard noises coming from Maddie's room where she was supposed to be sleeping. I opened the door to find her playing with her toys on the floor. GAHHHH!!!





Any advice for this frazzled mom?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Dear Teacher, I don't like to practice so...you're fired!