It's May 18th, and I'm 31 weeks. Ahhh!

I'm 31 weeks along today--ugh, where IS the time going?! Most days I'm really feeling fine--huge-- but good overall.
Baby boy is moving a LOT which makes me happy.  Pretty soon, I'll be transitioning to seeing my doctor every two weeks, and then once a week in the last month. Oh, boy!
Obviously,  I have less time to obsess over this pregnancy since Maddie is nearly 3 years old and keeps me busy. I am sure that is why the time has flown by so quickly...but I think that's a good thing!
I still haven't done much in the way of preparing for the baby, but that's because we've been given so much, I'm not worried about it.  I am planning on sleeping in our guest room with the baby for the first month or so until he is ready for the crib. Then we will move maddie into a big girl bed (yes...she still sleeps in a crib!) and move the crib to the guest room and it will become his room.  Some people have given me strange looks when I tell them about that plan...and I know what they're thinking : why doesn't your husband cooperate and let you sleep in your own room with the baby as well? Simple answer? We BOTH need sleep! My husband is an incredibly light sleeper and there is no way he can survive sleeping in the same room with a newborn. And as I hope and plan to breastfeed, I'll be getting up anyway, like I did with Maddie. Back then, I slept on our living room couch because I had to pump and feed,  which took even more time and sleep deprivation. That was rough...but I did it! In my opinion, if I can nurse normally this time, it will be so much easier than what I experienced the first time around.
Anyway!  A pic of my 31 week belly:


One convenient thing about a huge belly--you have a built-in tray/table! Haha!

And as we're nearing the end of this month, we've been experiencing a lot of Maddie milestones, too. For one, I believe we are pretty much nearly potty trained...HALLELUJAH!!!! I was soooo nervous this wouldn't happen by the time the baby came (and yeah, there is the possibility she could regress after he comes)
but out of nowhere, she started going on her own and is really good about telling us she needs to use the restroom when we're out.  I'm so proud of her!

Her speech and vocabulary are also doing phenomenally well. In fact, last week she had another annual speech study appointment where her former speech therapist happened to be conducting the study. So she got to see first hand how much progress Maddie has made in a year. When she scored Maddie's answers on a score sheet at the end, she basically laughed out loud and said, "well, she's off the charts!"
Ryan and I were very pleased to hear that. Some days I honestly feel like I'm not doing enough as a SAHM to stimulate her--maybe I'm also being hard on myself --but to hear that from someone else made me feel so much reassured that we are doing all the right things.
Lately, Maddie has been amusing and delighting us with her awesome memory and fervor for 80's music (thanks to Alexa!) and on more than one occasion has blurted out the name of the song and band she hears playing in the background as we're out shopping.
For example the other day we were at Fresh Thyme, and she exclaimed suddenly, "Hey! It's "Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads, mommy!" and I ignored her at first thinking she was just babbling...but then I stopped pushing the cart and listened carefully in time to hear David Byrne sing, "...burning down the house..."! Hahahaha.
My little girl.
I am so excited to see what things she'll do as she grows older.  I know every parent is proud of their kid (s) and thinks they're the smartest, cutest, etc...but can you blame me for truly believing it?! Lol.

Okay. I'm done gushing. Getting more real here--as wonderful as I think my kid is, at the same time, things are getting hard, too. She constantly argues with us, gets put in time out quite a bit, and is an expert at making public scenes that make me want to disappear into the floor.
I do get worried about dealing with that aspect of toddlerhood and a new baby at the same time, but then I remember that my mom had to go through the same thing--and with no friends or family to help her out along the way! So I suppose I am pretty fortunate and have little to complain about here.

Other than that, life is good, the weather is finally great here in Ohio and at the rate I'm posting on here, most likely you'll be seeing baby pics in just a couple more posts:)

Enjoy the weekend! (And some Maddie pics from this month!)

Whole Foods lunch date:)

Enjoying a string quartet


Getting to see the inside of a fire truck!

Being silly at mommy's prenatal appointment 


Grandpa's girl

Mothers Day with gramma-grampađź’•

Batgirl reading a book

She only got 3 right, hahaha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)