End of January update

You know, I've been doing a whole lot of blog reading, but not a lot of writing.  I attribute it often to the excuse that now that I'm a stay at home mom, my life is pretty boring.  But actually, I really enjoy reading about ordinary people's ordinary lives.  And really...my life is probably more interesting now than when we were childless, let's just be honest here :). Before children, we just were able to watch more Netflix and sleep a couple more hours.  Big whoop.  Now, we get to discover the joys of life all over again with this tiny person.  WELL worth the lack of sleep.  Besides, now that she is going to bed at a decent hour (anywhere between 7-10pm) and sleeping THROUGH THE NIGHT (!!!!!!!) we still can watch our shows and movies, just the two of us.  I am sure she will be going through another phase soon enough, and I won't be able to say that anymore....but it's not all that bad.

During the day, I do have to make sure I entertain her.  The best way is to get out of the house, whether it's going to the grocery store or the mall, just anything where she can see the sights and people watch.  She loves it.  If we stay at home, she's usually in the jumperoo or we are doing tummy time and playing.  Otherwise, she takes two daytime naps, Skypes with the grandparents and eagerly anticipates her dad coming home from work so she can play with him.

Today, I am trying to decide if we should get out of the house and drop by the old music school I used to teach at and visit some former students who want to see the baby.  We made a trip to Costco yesterday so I shouldn't have to worry about dinner tonight--that's usually the big stressor for me these days.  What do people normally do with their semi-active babies when they need to make dinner?  She's not crawling yet, but she definitely doesn't like lying down when she's awake.  There is only so much jumperoo one can take, haha.

At the beginning of February, I have a children's concert I'm playing in.  We're doing Peter and the Wolf among other things.  I plan on the husband bringing Maddie to her first orchestra concert, and the rest of the family is coming, too, to see her reaction.  I'm looking forward to that.  She'll be 7 months soon.  I cannot believe it.  In just a few months, she'll be having her much anticipated surgery for the cleft palate.

I'm hoping to get my butt in gear soon and take some pics of a few things I got from Nordstrom.  I know I'm a mom now...but I still have my same interests, so hopefully I can write about some other topics soon and not just baby stuff :P

Okay...time to feed the baby and get on with the day.  Hope you are all staying warm and cozy inside.  Not much snow here in the midwest, although it is cold.

Comments

Shelley said…
Pictures, pictures, pictures - YES. Of all the things and of course of your cute little baby! Glad you are enjoying life with her. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Warning: Do not read if you dislike feeling depressed:/