10 months and Surgery Day

Just a very quick  10 month update on the little sweet pea:




She is changing literally every single day. Currently, she's cruising furniture, dancing to music, eating EVERYTHING and drinking less milk (maaaybe I'll get to stop pumping in the near future?!!), waving to people consistently and according to Ryan, said 'no' yesterday while I was playing a gig.

She is also very temperamental these days. Hates having her diaper changed and being put in her car seat and stroller.  Some days are better than others in getting her to bed. Sometimes she'll fall asleep effortlessly right around 7:00 in her swing and I'll transfer her to her crib without a problem. Other nights...well, it can definitely be a hard fight! I am getting concerned with how we'll get the stubborn peanut to bed once she outgrows the swing. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The other big thing this month is her cleft palate surgery which is this Wednesday! We've been looking at this date on the calendar all year since we found out about her condition. At the time it seemed sooo far away. Now, we're wondering how we're already at this point!
It's a common procedure and Nationwide Children's has a GREAT cleft lip and palate center, but a mama still can't help but be anxious about such a tiny one undergoing surgery! If you don't mind, would appreciate keeping her in your prayers this week!
We'll be able to spend the night with her after surgery and the grandparents are also coming down for emotional support. So eager for this to be over and for her to continue growing and discovering!

As usual, I'd like to blog more about other things, but life can be hectic and it doesn't seem to get any easier in terms of having more free time :(

I'll try my best though. Hope you all are well (all 2 of my readers left, ha!) :)

Comments

Shelley said…
Awww, she just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I love that she's messing with Cards Against Humanity - hey, gotta start her sense of humor at an early age! ;)

I'll be sending good thoughts your way on Wednesday. I know you'll be relieved when the surgery is finished and your sweet girl is back in your arms. Big hugs to you all!
Gaby said…
Thank you, Shelley!

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Dear Teacher, I don't like to practice so...you're fired!