The rest of our Asheville trip!

Three weeks later, and here I am to continue recapping our Asheville trip:(

I've decided to do it through pictures with less gab:)

Tuesday, the Biltmore Estate:
Biscuithead for breakfast. Yum. 


Same beautiful view from the quirky Peter Sellars movie, Being There. Watch it.

Gorgeous

Ryan, please build me a music room. Just like this one. No big deal.

No way we could have seen this place without the invention of both stroller and electronic device 
Love this picture of daddy and daughter! 

Biltmore has a small animal farm for kids!  We visited this right after tasting some of their wines 

After coming home we were all pooped, and if my memory serves me right,  I believe we ate Buxton Hall BBQ for dinner (Ryan went to pick it up while we stayed at the house since maddie was napping.

Wednesday:  Vortex Doughnuts and a day of Asheville shopping!

I wanted to get Ryan this upright mandolin he liked but he refused.

Double decker coffee! 

I'm too lazy to look it up, but we had lunch at a huge brewery out of town and we were not impressed. Hence, unmemorable.

Thursday: Hiking at Craggy Gardens off of the Blue Ridge Parkway (we thoroughly enjoyed this activity,  plus town he trail was less than a mile and very toddler friendly!










Tupelo honey cafe

Just gorgeous.
Afterwards, quick trip back into town to walk around and make a second attempt to eat at Tupelo Honey Cafe,  a restaurant I'd read about on someone's blog many years ago.  I'd say it was pretty decent food but it didn't blow our socks off. I got a spicy chicken sandwich. They also served complimentary biscuits. Obviously biscuits are big in the south:)



Friday: sad day--time to go back home:( We stopped for review raving coffee at the Dripolator and then headed out.  One day we will return again!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just popping in to say...

Dear Teacher, I don't like to practice so...you're fired!

Writing to you from...an apartment.