A good pregnancy (so far) and a yummy crockpot recipe!

Well,  I am in my 13th week of pregnancy and, so far, feeling not bad at all. I have been fortunate to not experience nausea, strange cravings or aches and pains for the second time, for which I'm very thankful!
Only things I'm experiencing are: I can't stop thinking about food (but what's new?!) and I'm a little more tired during the day  (but I also have insomnia at night so that explains that).
Since I am now 35 I have to see a high risk doctor in addition to my regular OBGYN,  which means more ultrasounds.  I am not complaining about that since I do love seeing what's going on in there! At the risk of sounding obnoxious, most of the time I don't feel pregnant so I often wonder if anything is actually going on in there!

Last Friday,  I had my first appointment at the hospital with the high risk doctor where they did an ultrascreen--basically a more in depth ultrasound where they checked for certain measurements to detect Downs Syndrome.  Baby's measurements were normal and I was so surprised to see lots of movement since I couldn't feel anything! 
I haven't requested any other tests yet that would reveal the gender early;  surprisingly, the doctor didn't push for any anything he said it was a personal choice that he could not make for me. So I chose not to get any invasive or expensive tests until my regular blood work comes back, should something show up on that.

With Maddie, I was so sure she was going to be a boy, not because of a gut feeling, but because it ran in the family and EVERY ONE AND THEIR MOTHER said I'd be having a boy 100%.  We were all wrong. 
This time, my gut tells me it's a boy...but I'm not betting on it:)

Other than that, we are mostly staying in as central Ohio has had some snow the past few days; I am more of a spring-summer-fall girl...I try to hibernate in the winter!
But of course with a toddler I still need to get out of the house once in awhile, so we'll probably continue going to play dates,  the library and any other indoor activities that are available around here.

On Saturday, I actually shopped for the entire week so I wouldn't need to go to the store multiple times...and I am so glad I did.

Last night I made Pioneer Woman's fall-off-the-bone-slow-cooker-glazed-ribs and it was a big hit with Ryan...but not with my sometimes-a-great -eater-sometimes -not-toddler:/
Tonight will be either leftovers or sloppy Joe's,  which I don't think I have EVER made and haven't eaten since I was a little girl!

Hope you're staying warm and safe today!

Comments

Shelley said…
Happy news! May this pregnancy continue to go smoothly for you. :)
Gaby said…
Thank you,Shelley!

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...