SO ready for Spring and Changes

Yikes, almost 3 weeks since my last post?  Unacceptable!  Truthfully, I'm trying so hard to be more productive throughout the day and along with being "productive" in my book, is less time spent on electronic devices.  Don't get me wrong--I still LOVE reading my favorite blogs, but somehow, it seems like all my favorite ones have gotten the same itch I have to *gasp* start living life, too.  So, by default, since some of my favorite ones have either gone defunct, private or just not posting as often, I have fewer blogs to read which = MORE time doing "real life" things!

Also, it could be that a lot of bloggers I like happen to be more or less the same age I am, and I've definitely noticed some changes in myself since reaching my 30's.  I have less tolerance for idle time, have got a LOT on my every day to-do lists, and my husband and I are pretty much consumed with our life goals of improving our situation in order to start a family with the least amount of stress as possible.

So along with working hard every day, trying to carve out time to still spend with our families and friends, and also stay involved with other activities (i.e., exercising, practicing, reading, being more involved with my church), there hasn't been a lot of time to just sit around.

That being said, some stuff that's been going on:

-LOTS of students' spring recitals and performances

-Trying to do one "Spring-cleaning" chore each day (sometimes I fail at that... but I JUST now got done cleaning the shower and tub, which are my LEAST favorite chores. And it's 9am, so I feel quite accomplished!)

-Made a commitment to become a member of a local church and found a Bible study to go to every week.  This was something I was terrified of/dreaded doing for many years because I had, honestly, gotten too comfortable with doing my own thing.  Being accountable and having a different circle of friends to go to is something I desperately needed in recent years.  Ever since I started doing this, I've seen a lot of changes in my life.

- This isn't something that is a sure thing yet... but there is a very good likelihood that my husband and I may be purchasing one of the music schools I currently teach at.  The owner contacted me awhile back saying she wanted me to take over when she retired.  The talks have been sporadic, and nothing is set in stone.  However, although I was hesitant and uncertain about that change from being just a teacher, to being both a business owner AND teacher, I'm pretty excited about that possibility and all the opportunities that could come along with it.

-Any workouts I've been doing have lately been on our indoor bike.  When spring gets here for REAL, I can't wait to start running again.

-Still trying to cook more and eat out less (except on the weekends... that's allowed!).  Some meals I've made lately:
Spicy Stewed Beef with Creamy Grits. Loooooved this recipe and there still is so much leftover.
Shepherd's Pie for St. Patrick's Day! This was made with ground lamb and stout... oh my. Really good.


A Chicken and Sweet Potato hash I threw together on a night I didn't know what I was going to do.




 
One of my students moved back to her native Japan a few weeks ago.  I loved teaching this cutie and it made me so sad when her parents informed me they were leaving.  Her dad took this picture of us at our last lesson :)

Okay.  Well that's all I've got.  Today is pretty much a day off; only two students coming to my house, since the rest are on spring break.  I got up this morning before 6am WAY before both of my alarms went off.  Had a nightmare (that's the 2nd one I've had in a row! What is up??) and decided I may as well stay up and get stuff done.  Hence the bathroom cleaning before noon :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...