Fall Stuff

Have to make this short as I need to start cleaning ASAP for out of town guests coming later.

Since September started, things have increasingly gotten busier:  more students, more rehearsals/concerts, more practicing... more everything.  Arrrghghgh!  I love Fall so much, but I wish it could be a season of "slowing down" rather than speeding up.  I'm all for slowing down.

Ooh, also keep forgetting that I signed up for the Columbus half marathon way back in February, and back then it felt like I had forever to train for it... and it's coming up in a few weeks.  Yessss.  I am SO not ready.  I went on a few measly, slow and scant runs the past few weeks that were not too encouraging.  However, I am pinning my hopes on the fact that the last half marathon I completed was in a very hilly city (Cincinnati) AND got slammed with my period basically on race day and was frieking miserable the whole time and STILL finished at a decent time, even with 3 restroom breaks.  Contrast that with this upcoming race:  Columbus is flat--totally flat--and it's October, not May, so weather is nicer; I do not expect my "special time" to occur... but sometimes Mother Nature can be cruel and cunning, so who knows.  With those factors, and the known fact now that I always do better in a race than I do training solo, I hope that it won't be a miserable day.

Off to do some much needed grocery shopping, and to also look for PUMPKINS!

Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Dear Teacher, I don't like to practice so...you're fired!