A Non-Obligatory Weekend

Well, this is the first weekend in awhile where I've had absolutely nothing going on...and it feels wonderful:)  Rest assured, I'm not planning on completely wasting my weekend.  Here is what I'm hoping to cross off my list by the end of tomorrow:

  •  Wash and fold all most of the laundry (let's face it, I have laundry ADD--there's only so much I can fold before I go insane).
  • Go for a run outside--short or long--I'm open to either.
  • NOT eating out; I prefer my own cooking anyways, but when I do resort to take out, it's just because I'm lazy.  I made ocean perch, mashed yams and a salad last night for dinner, and I want to continue my cooking at home streak for as long as I can!
  • Organize and then subsequently practice my orchestral excerpts collection.  I have no auditions in the near or far future as I've decided to take a step back and re-evaluate what I've been doing wrong (okay, okay--I just need to practice more--let's start with that), so I'm planning on carefully practicing any and all excerpts I happen to have with no particular audition list in mind.
  • Go to the dog park--we haven't taken the pups in a long time!
  • Pick one book out of the five I started reading at the same time and finally finish it.
  • Pull all weeds from flower bed in our back patio and maybe plant more flowers.
  • Go to church.  The fact that this happens to be the last thing on this list does not mean it isn't a priority!  I've been pretty disappointed with most churches I've visited in the past few years, but now I'm thinking that that's just an excuse.

If I can get most or all of these done this weekend, I will be pretty satisfied (or, as one old lady described my husband when she first met him, but hardly knew a thing about him, "pleased with myself").

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...