A quiet Wednesday

I went home to Canton this past weekend to celebrate my grandmother's 96th birthday.  I TOTALLY forgot to bring my camera (and I don't have a smartphone *sads*) so there are no pictures of the wonderful dim sum meal we had in Cleveland, or of the smelly Asian market we shopped at; no taunting pictures of orange ricotta cupcakes I made or the heavenly, fluffy cake from Ninni's Italian bakery.  But rest assured...I ate, and ate...and ate.  I guess there's just nothing else to do in Canton, really.

But back to real life.  I finally did a first this morning: I rowed a 10K on the rowing machine.  I'm not going to go so far to pat myself on the shoulder, because it really wasn't that hard, but my real issue with staying on the rower is that I get bored out of my mind.  So I always have to have a movie or a show on to keep my mind preoccupied.  Ryan tells me that if I worked just a little harder, my focus would zero in on my effort and I wouldn't need to watch anything to keep on going. I know he's right (as always), but for longer distances on a stationary machine, it's what works for me for right now.  I can deal with running long distances without music mostly because long runs always happen outdoors for me, and I'm distracted by nature and by my thoughts.  Totally different.  Totes.

Got another gig unexpectedly, so need to practice the music later on today and make sure I don't look like a fool at the rehearsal this week.  First performance at beginning of March is Puccini's Messa di Gloria; middle of March, Handel's Messiah; and then in April, Vivaldi's Gloria.  I've only played bits of the Handel and Vivaldi, so I'm looking forward to participating in a complete performance.  Also in April, two big spring student recitals.

Haven't signed up for any races--no desire to.

Anyways.  That's what's been up lately...nothing exciting (as usual).  Just enjoying the quietness of life.  It's good.

Need to shower off the grossness from the row workout and head to the grocery store/TJ's, and then the usual chores--cleaning, laundry and probably practicing a little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...