Memorial Day Weekend and Other Stuff

Oh boy, it's almost June.  We're scrambling around here trying to finalize reservations, book flights, car rentals among a bunch of other things for our upcoming June wedding/vacation trip to Colorado.  Fortunately, we did figure out our accommodations for the two nights we'll be spending in Boulder for the wedding, but now we just have to figure out what to do for the rest of our trip, which will most likely be in Aspen/Snowmass like last year.
And alluding to my pathetic ramble of a post that I deleted...the whole bridesmaid dress thing has been figured out and it will ALL BE FINE.  Of course.  I guess you really can't teach an old dog new tricks concerning the idea that one shouldn't stress the little things in life!

This past Memorial Day weekend was spent down at my in-laws and my family actually joined in, too.  Everything was centered around a ball game on Sunday (the Reds lost to the Cubs *sad*) and then we stayed through Monday (in the end, when I realized too many students were canceling, I canceled ALL lessons and enjoyed the time with family).  We caught a little bit of the Middletown parade in a slightly shady area of town ("Crooklyn" I believe, is what Ryan called it) and then attended a Memorial Day service honoring all vets (including Ryan's 94 yr old grandmother who served in the Navy!).

It was a fun weekend spent with family and friends...but as always, Ryan and I were relieved and glad to be back at our own home.

Once back at work, I found myself saying "farewell" to a few students who are off for the summer and will be greeting new ones next week. Still trying to stay on top of some kind of consistent workout, which lately, seems to be a rotation of cardio, yoga and core synergistics.  And in tandem with the fitness goals, also trying to cook and eat healthy meals (I think I'm successful at this 95% of the time throughout the week).

So here's to summer, vacation plans, getting in shape for "pool season" (sarcastic tone there) and just enjoying life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...