Happy Holidays!

Wheeeee!!! Three more days until Christmas!  And one more day of teaching before my 9 day break.  I have this Friday off, so I plan on doing some last minute Christmas shopping (everyone is almost take care of, just small stuff like stocking stuffers) and possibly spending time with my Dad if he decides to come up that day.  If not, I'll probably see him on Saturday and hang out with him then.  He wanted to hear me play in a string quartet I'm a part of for a Christmas Eve service that evening.  At first, I wasn't really sure about my dad driving back home after a midnight mass service, but we'll see how our plans pan out.  If I don't have enough energy to be on my way after the service, I'll just sleep at home for a few hours and then leave on Christmas morning.

I know I've gained a few this month--I have to partially blame that on my students who have been giving me treats the past few weeks:  cookies, other baked goods, boxes of chocolate, bags of nuts and caramel popcorn.  I also have to blame myself since I've been baking for others and then snagging a few cookies for myself.

But you know what?  I'm cool with it because in January, I'm starting my marathon training program!  Yes, I decided that the only way I'm going to ever actually do a marathon is if I plan for it and then stick to the plan.  The first actual step to making this a reality for me is actually registering for the marathon (those suckers are effing expensive!) I want to do, that way it's a lot harder for me to break it off.  I want to do the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon in May, and according to the training schedule I picked, I have just enough time to train for it if I start in January.

Wish me luck.  I've taken a huge break from running, but I do miss it and I'm excited for this to happen.  I know there are going to be days where I don't feel like leaving the house for a run or dragging myself to the gym, but I think I'm definitely in a different mental place for something like this.  I don't know if it's because this is the last year I'll be in my twenties (I know, I know...age is just a number!) but I have a lot of aspiring goals I'd like to cross off my checklist.  I'm actually more excited about starting my marathon training than I am for Christmas:)

Anyways, that's all the news for now.  Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

Comments

Hannah said…
Oh, yay, a marathon! (says the girl who hasn't run one yet). Be careful though, I find the more I run, the hungrier I get :/

Merry Christmas!!
Gaby said…
I'm worried about being hungrier, too. We'll see how this all develops:P Hope you had a great Christmas and good luck with your wedding!

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)