Chia seeds = miracle worker?

A 5 mile run was on the schedule for today, but since I felt slightly sore this morning, and I have an incredibly long gap in my teaching schedule tomorrow afternoon (like 3 hours!) I decided to do it tomorrow.  There's a path literally behind my teaching studio, so I can finish up my last student and run out the door.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I mixed some chia seeds into my steel cut oats for breakfast before my run.  My husband used to take them religiously when he was running a lot more and claimed he had more energy.  He does more rowing than running nowadays, and our jar of chia seeds has been sitting in a lonely corner of the kitchen for a year or so now.  I can't say for sure if this was the reason or not, but a slight pain I was having in my right knee since my 16 mile long run has disappeared.  Besides normal soreness in my thighs--no pain in the knee!  I'm pleasantly surprised and very hopeful that this is the cause.  I'm going to try to make a much better effort to be careful of what I put into my body now that I'm going into the last month of the training schedule.  The last two days, I've felt much more optimistic about all of this--but I'll wait until this Saturday's 18 mile run is over to tell you how I feel then:)

Sorry to all you musicians who might be reading that I've been an incredibly boring musician blogger: a whole lot isn't really happening other than teaching every day and gigs here and there.  A few concerts coming up, but then I hope to take it easy this summer and focus on more "me" time and taking some vacations w/ the family and with my husband.  Haven't taken a vacation w/ the hubby in years.  No sense in worrying about makeup lessons or losing students whose parents are miffed I *gasp* took a whole week off for my own sanity!  My desire for this summer is to just enjoy those trips stress-free, maybe even change my schedule around so I only teach four days a week instead of five (get a 3 day weekend), and perhaps get into practicing seriously again.  I practice the obligatory hour or so when I have rehearsals or concerts, or when I have a gap--but I realize that my playing will only get worse and even harder to maintain in a few years if I don't start doing a few hours each day soon.  Sigh, just too many things I want to do and become good at, and not enough time...

Didn't mean to rant this much...take care!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)