I have a love/hate relationship with running

I'll fully disclose that I skipped an entire week of running last week.  Stupid, I know.  Was I injured? Not really, although I feel a little something going on in my right knee, but I'm pretty sure it's only b/c I've been skipping mid-week runs and only doing the long runs on the weekends.  Was I lazy? For sure!  Was I feeling a little invincible after completing my 16 mile run two weekends ago that I felt that skipping a week wouldn't hurt anyone? Yes!  Am I really invincible? NO!  Aaarggh!
I have about one month left until the marathon.  A few weeks later, I am doing a 100 mile relay, where I'll be taking on 20 miles in 5 mile legs (that one seems fun and we'll be pulling an all-nighter, so I'm not too worried about it).  I definitely don't want to be one of those people that take 8 hours to complete a marathon...but I also don't want to be hurting the whole time.
I'm just going to stop talking about it now.  Gaby, do the runs and shut up about it!

Gotta make dinner and get some sleep tonight, since my friend is giving me an early morning wake up call so I make sure I do my run before we go shopping:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)