Workout Day # 2: Rowing

Got home from teaching and hastily put together dinner from last night's leftovers (fish sandwich...SO much better than what I usually get from a restaurant) and then ran upstairs to change into workout clothes before I could come up with any excuses or get too comfortable on the couch watching a movie. 

I did another 5K on the rowing machine.  Easy peasy.  After yesterday's workout, my upper arms felt sore...a GOOD feeling!  I think I need to work on better form with my rowing because after a few minutes, my back gets sore and in the past, I've always quit early on using that as an excuse.  The more I do it though--just like running or anything else, for that matter--I find I can tolerate the pain and/or the dullness of the workout.

With that, I'm off to bed earlier than normal.  Another bad habit of mine--staying up WAY too late.  Only because I don't have to be anywhere in the mornings, but still, I could use that time to do tons of stuff.  Practically, though, I don't like to be up too early, because I know I have to teach for long stretches into the evenings.  When I used to work the opening shifts at Starbucks and then head to my studio to teach until 8, 9 or even 10pm, I was a zombie by the time I got home.  I remember being really unhappy back then.  It sucked.  I'm so glad I have a little more free time now.  And STILL, I have tons of stuff on my "to-do" list!

Are you getting back into a workout routine after the last holiday/ have any pre-New Year workout goals??  I really, really want to keep up this streak of not missing a day, or at least being good about it throughout the work week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Dear Teacher, I don't like to practice so...you're fired!