First run in a long...LONG time.

For someone whose last run was around 3 months ago, it was probably a tad ambitious of me to think I could crank out 6 + miles this morning...especially in this heat and humidity.  On top of which, my Garmin was being screwy--which made me mad, as I'm one of those people who simply can't enjoy a run without knowing exactly what her pace and mileage are-- and it just wasn't realistic of me to think I could do a long run on my first try in a long time.  So I did about 3 miles and called it quits.  I'm drenched.

To beat the heat, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get up earlier (I am SO not a morning person) OR go for a night time run...which probably is not likely to happen.  Guess that just leaves getting up earlier!

I've been behind on recipes, but here's what I made last night for dinner:

Fresh Orange Pork Tenderloin

Picture from the website...mine didn't look as vibrant, but still good!

On Sunday, I didn't do much other than spend hours in the kitchen deep cleaning my kitchen cabinets; last time I did that was probably 3 years ago.  Sick, I know. I like to think I'm a very clean person in theory...but in practice, I know my mother would tell you a different story.  I very much enjoy living in a clean home (like Sookie Stackhouse... yeah...but I'm not half-fairy...) but man, it sucks up SO much time to keep up with it!  I spent 3 + hours just clearing, disinfecting and organizing one large cabinet stocked with pots and pans, and a smaller one that stores all my spices.  Maybe I'm just slow, because it doesn't seem like it should take that long to just clean two storage spaces.  Also finally cleaned out my freezer.  I love opening the freezer door to just peer in and see it sparkling back at me.  Weirdo.

I've had kind of a "blah" teaching week.  I just have weeks sometimes where I'm not feeling the teaching thing anymore.  Sometimes I just want to bust out and start all over again, go back to school and get a totally different degree and/or skill, or even just quit altogether and get a completely different job--any job--that will give me variance.  I get depressed every so often doing the same thing over and over again.

Also got a little mad at myself when I was attempting to practice the other day. Let me tell you, it is very hard being married to another violinist, even if that person hasn't played in years, because whenever I crank out my violin and start "practicing", I get a little unsolicited feedback from my other half, usually in the form of, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!".  Serves me right for fooling around with Vieuxtemps 5.  Sounded pretty heinous.  No getting away with crappy practicing in this house. 

Lots of other stuff on my mind, but I think I'll stop for now.  Wasn't going to say anything, but I'll quickly put it out there that I miss reading a lot of bloggers who either have completely gone dark, or just haven't written anything in awhile.  I know people are so busy, but you sometimes start to think these individuals you've never actually met are like your real friends who just suddenly disappeared...and you can kind of miss them:(

But then again, I've always been a hopeless gooey, sentimental freak.  Sometimes it only serves to set myself up for disappointment.  Maybe that should stop?

Comments

Hannah said…
It is so hard to leave comments! I tried from my phone, fail, so I had to pause netflix to do this, then the first one failed (unless it reappears, lol). Anyway, I wanted to say, yeah, I feel like you're talking about me blogging. I miss it. It's been a tough summer :/ drop me an email if you like.
Gaby said…
There have been a few bloggers I followed for awhile and commented on a lot that just went private without saying a word to their followers :( I remember you mentioning it was a busy time--hope all is well!
(I know it's a pain to leave comments especially on blogger. grrr, don't know how to change it, though!)
Valerie said…
I'm writing a post! I promise!!

Popular posts from this blog

Just popping in to say...

Dear Teacher, I don't like to practice so...you're fired!

Writing to you from...an apartment.