Day 2: Snow Day

Sooo, because of the heavy snow, my lessons were canceled today.  Part of me loves snow days, but that just means I have to go in on the weekend to make up those lessons...just like kids having to stay in school longer towards the end of the school year whenever they get more snow days. Sucks.

But I enjoyed staying in, nevertheless!  I made a quick trip to the grocery store around the corner to pick up some salmon and other items for dinner.  I made the usual mustard-brown sugar glazed salmon; tried a new Brussels sprouts recipe with shallots and orange zest and juice plus toasted walnuts; and mashed potatoes.  Standard, but still good and healthy.

I attempted to work out following a Tracy Anderson workout in a new issue of Health I received-- and I could NOT get past the third step the first time I tried it earlier today.  That is how out of shape I am.  Ugh.  Tried all eight steps later tonight and was still pretty exhausted...and uncomfortable as there is not a good space to actually work out in our house right now.  The basement is in limbo, our row machine is disassembled at the moment, and the weather is not being friendly for a run right now.  Looks like I'm going to have to stick to pushups and sit-ups until our basement is finished.

Trying to get to bed a little earlier tonight (a perpetual resolution of mine, it seems) so that's it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)