This private music teacher isn't reaping the benefits of "Snow days"

So, according to my Facebook feed, most school teachers around here have another snow day. Meanwhile, private teachers everywhere still have to go in and work :)

Honestly, it's not even that bad around here.  Ryan and I spent some time shoveling snow in our neighborhood and mused how quiet it was, as everyone was hibernating indoors not even wanting to bother shoveling their walkways.  Since I haven't been working out, I decided that was going to be my workout.  Fortunately, it didn't snow any more after that so the streets look drive-able today.

Our basement is coming along nicely; we ordered a rug and it arrived on Friday.  It really brings the whole room together, and even though I used to hate the red accent wall and was going to paint over it, it now seems alright now that the rug is there.







You cannot see it in the pics, but there is a keyboard set up to the left so I can finally use it for lessons.

There are still so many things I want/need to do with this condo, but one thing at a time.  I have a feeling we'll be here for awhile, so we might as well try to make it as nice as possible (without going overboard... don't want to invest TOO much if it can't even be part of the resale value).

***************

This is her favorite spot no matter what the season is:



This weekend was glorious due to the heavy snow.  Mostly spent indoors, and then braved the yucky roads to meet friends we hadn't seen in a long time at Flipside, a burger place in the Easton area.  Had a great time.  Wish we had more friends close by to hang with.

Yesterday we slept in, had lunch at a Mediterranean place, and did grocery shopping to last us for hopefully most of this week.  Rented a few movies to watch in the evenings and saw Insidious 2 last night, alongside my homemade rigatoni and meat sauce.  Eh, I liked the first Insidious better.  Tonight's flick is The Internship.  Haven't heard anything about it which makes me think it wasn't good, but I did enjoy the same actors in Wedding Crashers, so I'm hoping for the best :/

Alright, gotta get ready for the day and for lessons.  Stay warm and safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)