I just exercise b/c I like to eat

Inspired by a couple of my fellow bloggers like Hannahviolin and kath--among others--I've fallen for the 'overnight oats' craze and have tried it for the past few days.  The first time, I used steel cut oats w/ greek yogurt and 1% milk.  Second time, I tried regular quick oats; they're different, but I like them both.  I added chia seeds to both and decided that I prefer the blueberry Greek yogurt flavor mixed in.
Steel cut oats w/ blueberries and bananas, chia and flax seeds
Quick oats w/ just blueberries
Still addicted to my morning coffee:/

Ryan and I were browsing Trader Joe's the other day and tried a sample of a chickpea salad.  The ingredients were simple, but it was so delicious.  So I tried to re-create it at home.  It was pretty darn close!  I used chickpeas, black beans, red onion, squeezed lemon and olive oil, and chopped parsley.  I think next time, I should add grape tomatoes:

I rowed a bit this morning, did some weights and push-ups; I have to leave in a bit to practice at my studio and prepare for my students this afternoon and a jazz rehearsal later on, but I really would like to get in a short run this evening since I found out that today is NATIONAL RUNNING DAY!!

Have been reading about these on other blogs and decided to grab a box from the grocery just to try it. I'm letting it thaw, so I'll have to review it later.



Comments

Hannah said…
What's funny is I really started blogging about my oatmeal ironically. But I've inspired many people. I don't know quite how I feel about that.
Valerie said…
So, how were the vitatops?
Gaby said…
THey're pretty good! But kinda pricey. Don't know if I would buy these on a regular basis. they're in the frozen section aisle of natural foods area. Almost $4 for a box of 4 small packets:(

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)