Love/Hate

Some things that I'm loving...and NOT so loving:

LOVE:
A lighter schedule during the summer for R&R, hanging w/ friends and fam, and doing basically anything I want.

DON'T LOVE:
A lighter schedule due to losing students, and thus, slight stress and worry that comes b/c of it, both financially and psychologically ("Am I a good enough teacher?", "Maybe I'm not bubbly enough" or "Maybe I should have just become a tax auditor instead of a musician...")

LOVE:
 Running outside, just being alone with my thoughts.  Love the feeling I have afterwards, sweaty and tired in a good way.

DON'T LOVE:
How the hardest part of running is getting my butt off the couch, lacing up my shoes and going out the door.  I always have excuses.  Funny how the days that are filled with more excuses and less activity are my more depressing days (NOT that I suffer from depression, but don't we all have good and bad days?).

WHAT ELSE I LOVE:
- My recent obsession with landscaping and flowers...even though I suck at it.
-Swiss rainbow chard....HOLY CRAP, that stuff is good!
- a hot mug of coffee first thing in the morning.
- Just sitting on my front stoop, admiring my sweet pups graze and sniff.  I SO wish I had a real backyard for them to roam around in.
-Love how I am no longer so worried about children and having them, simply b/c everyone else around me has them.  Life is not a competition.  My life is...my own, and God has His plan for me.  Not sure what it is, but it's a little exciting (and nerve wracking?) to not always know what's ahead, right?

What do you love...or not love so much?

Comments

Love: being outside, road trips, a lighter summer schedule, slipping on flip flops to go outside, fireflies.

Hate: heavy air conditioning, chigger bites, taking the time to put on sunscreen, the feeling that still there's never quite enough time to fit in everything I want to fit in.

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)