First run in awhile

Sometime last week, my friend, Sandra, and I made plans to go to the pool at my condo clubhouse.  However, as this week rolled around, I kinda dreaded going to the pool and the thought of just LAYING there being lazy, especially when it's really been months since I went on a good run.  So I called my friend and left a message saying so, and she agreed that the next best thing was to just go for a run early in the morning! 
We met yesterday morning at Sharon Woods, where I've run many times; however, she led me to a wooded, dirt trail I had never noticed before and we ran 4.4 miles.  We encountered 3 hills (yes, 3! Am I still in Columbus??), hardly any people on the trail, and towards the end of the run, 5 wild turkeys!

Ohhh, it felt GOOD.  We were incredibly slow, as we're both out of the running game, and it was also uncomfortably humid.  We were soaking in sweat by the end.  But I loved how it felt.

After stretching, we got in my Mini and drove to The Best Breakfast and Sandwiches for breakfast where I got a huge blueberry pancake and a BLT w/ egg. SO good.

I felt kind of tired after the run and was worried I'd feel worn out before teaching, but as the day went on, I actually felt energized.  Yesterday was a good day.

Today, I mostly have the day off, except for one student who needs a makeup because for some reason, he thought I was out of town this week and just didn't show up to his lesson.  Hoping to find some sweet deals afterward at either Ann Taylor Loft or Talbots (yes, I shop at Talbots, don't judge...they have better/younger clothing now! Or, I'm just old. One of the two) for this weekend.  We're heading to the Cincy area for my youngest nephew's baptism.  Hopefully, we'll get to see the sights, too.

Hope you have a great Friday and weekend:)

Comments

Shelley said…
Wait wait wait...you have a MINI?! Oh, so jealous!!!
Gaby said…
yes! I love it, although my husband is thinking of selling it (they supposedly have GREAT resale value) for profit. I told him I'm okay with it as LONG as he just replaces it with another Mini! It's a really fun car, I feel lucky to be able to drive it.

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)