Trip Numero Dos

This unbearable heat is having its effect on my motivation to post anything.  I've been feeling very sluggish:(  I got back from Nashville last Friday, and as soon as my parents and I stepped into the house, the power went out!  We didn't realize it at the time, but the last few miles before we arrived home were spent driving slightly ahead of the derecho that caused millions to lose power in the midwest.
We were without power the entire weekend and it wasn't restored until 4am Monday morning.  Before the power came back, we even considered leaving town and heading to Canton early since we'll be flying to Denver from there this weekend.  I'm really thankful, though, that we didn't have to do that because there's lots to do before we leave for Colorado!
Today was spent having lunch at Skyline Chili and then looking for good hiking shorts.  I don't have any "proper" hiking attire, but I figured I just needed one or two pairs for this trip.  Trying to resist the impulse to buy too much stuff just for this one trip knowing that it probably won't be used too much once we return.

I PROMISE I'll post pictures of both trips when I return!  Again, just haven't felt like sitting down to do it.

******

Not much has been going on exercise-wise.  I was slightly worried about not feeling 'fit' enough for this Aspen trip, but Ryan assured me that we'll be so active from hiking and whatever else we'll do, that I really didn't need to worry about gaining extra pounds the way I typically would on a more leisurely vacation (like on the beach, for example).  I hope he's right :/  He's been throwing out ideas for what to do while we're there, but at some point I stopped him and wondered if we really had enough time to do everything he was suggesting.  He's got it in his mind to do: hiking; mountain biking (psh, please); white-water rafting; stand-up paddle boarding; concerts; canoing; visiting some place called the "Devil's Punch Bowl"; swimming, and God knows what else.
It'd be amazing to say that I did, indeed, do all those things on this trip....but I'm skeptical!

Anyway, I teach the next two days and then we're flying out of Canton early Saturday morning.  My furry "children" will be staying with my parents.

I think more than this trip itself, I'm just excited to be spending alone time with my husband.  Can you believe this is the first vacation he and I have been on since our honeymoon almost six years ago?  Any other trips in between don't count completely, because other people were (my family or his family) with us.  I love spending time with our families, but it feels special to just do things alone, just the two of us.  Trying to cherish as much alone time as possible before any babies arrive!!

Hope everyone is able to stay cool in this ridiculous heat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)