Rowing workout...check! Am I ready for the Olympics yet?

 * Edit to original post: I made a mistake- Beethoven's 5th Symphony will be played--not the 9th! Woops!

Finally dragged my sorry butt downstairs this evening to our rowing machine to do a 5K.  Pretty comparable to my running speed: 3.1 miles in 28 minutes.

I looked up some rowing workout schedules online and found one that gives you 5 rowing workouts a week.  Maybe I'm being overly ambitious here, but I'd really like to follow that plan AND throw in some runs (yes! two workouts a day!) throughout the week, as well.

I have no races scheduled in the future, although there is a Beethoven 5K happening next weekend that I kind of wanted to do.  I haven't really been into 5K's lately, but I'm intrigued by this one since, you know, I'm into Classical music and all.  The local classical music radio station will set up ten huge speakers throughout the race and blast Beethoven's 9th.  Anyone who crosses the finish line before the piece ends gets a ticket to a Masterworks concert by one of Columbus' many community orchestras.  In reality, it'd probably be cheaper to just purchase a ticket to attend one of these concerts than to register for the 5K, but what's the fun in that?

Besides that, the only other race I really have in mind is the Indian Run that I did last fall.  Ryan and I definitely hope to do that one.  I'll probably do the 20K again, although I toyed with the idea of doing the 40K.  At some point, I really do need to push myself harder.  The last "big" distance I did was the half in Cincinnati, so the next logical move would be anything longer than 13.1 miles, right?!

Okay, time to shower and get ready for bed.  I'm so glad I did a workout right before bed...I should do that more often!

Comments

Valerie said…
Ok, that Beethoven 5k sounds like an AMAZING idea! I need to see about getting someone to do that around here. I think you should do it.

Also, good for you for rowing and running. As long as it makes you happy, why not?

As for needing to do a longer run, 13.2 counts, right?
Shelley said…
You should totally do that Beethoven 5K - if ever there was a race that had your name on it, that one is it!!
Gaby said…
@Valerie--13.2 sounds good! Lol

@Shelley--I definitely think I will do the 5K. This classical music nerd can't pass it up:P
I wish I could be as motivated to being physically fit as you. Whatever I try, I end up giving up in lieu of couch time - baaaaaaad. The only thing I completed in recent history is The Shred, maybe I need to dig that back out!
Hannah said…
That sounds like SO much fun! I wish I could run it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)