A productive, fun, but too-short weekend :(

Did two row workouts today, although admittedly, one of them was a quickie; I still got my sweat on, so in my book, it still counts!

Tonight, I got home and didn't have a clue what dinner was going to be.  I glanced in the pantry and saw some pappardelle pasta, a can of salmon; had frozen leeks in the freezer as well as some fresh heavy cream from TJ's (almost all items were gotten at TJ's on separate occasions) and thought: Salmon pasta with leeks and cream sauce....YES, PLEASE.  The additions of minced garlic, sliced shallots and grape tomatoes with a squeeze of lemon rendered a pretty pleasing dinner, all in under 30 minutes.  I DID remember to take pictures, but I'm typing this on the basement's computer where I can't upload pics and my laptop is being screwy at the moment, so I'll have to post them at another time.  Ryan told me it was better than any dish he's eaten at any Italian restaurant he could think of.  Aww, I'm thankful I have a husband who likes my cooking :)

My parents left yesterday evening (I think my dad wanted to stay for the rest of the week, haha) after spending the last 3 days helping me paint...er...rather, it was I that helped just a little, as my dad did all the work.  I felt bad.  But as they came early Friday and I had to work in the afternoon, he actually got our larger bathroom all done by the time I got back from work in the evening.  The next morning, we both did the small basement half bath.  They turned out really nicely.  Now I have to get some new, fancy towels and other decor to polish it all off.

Ryan was gone most of the day on Saturday doing a Tough Mudder race in Mansfield, OH.  From what he told me, it sounded like a treacherous 10-12 miles.  Since my parents and I finished the last bathroom early that day, we took it easy and watched a couple movies at home. Pretty decadent, but I think we all enjoyed it.  When Ryan got home later in the evening, we all went out for Borgata's NY style pizza.  I had a bad headache somewhere along the way and crashed hard when we got back.
Next morning, I woke up a little late, but my mom and I still made it to church (found a new church, and I LOVE it) and then came back where we waited around for my younger brother to come over.  We all then drove to Granville (a favorite short getaway for Ryan and myself) and had lunch at Brew's Cafe.  I got a seared tuna Nicoise salad--it didn't blow my socks off, but it was healthy and it still hit the spot.  We then walked over to Whit's for frozen custard and coffee.
Ah.  I do so love Granville.  It's reminiscent of what you picture in a Stephen King novel set in Maine or somewhere on the east coast.  But it's in Ohio.  So even better :)

Now back to the routine.  I could write more, but I'm a lazy blogger.  I also think I'll get ready to hit the sack. Lots of stuff to get done tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Teacher, I don't like to practice so...you're fired!

Writing to you from...an apartment.

Just popping in to say...