Still Alive (I feel like I've used that as a post title before?)

Uhhh, probably time I update a little, right?  I'm not very good at this blogging thing.  Perhaps it's run its course, as I find myself more and more reluctant to post anything.  It's a combination of "not much happening" and "stuff has happened...but it's private and probably no one would care to read about it anyways" type of stuff.

Something did happen last week that had a hand in changing my attitude (my life really) that has, I believe, been a positive change for the rest of my life.  In fact, I felt quite a shift since it happened.  I know I'm being vague, but while it had a vast impact on me, I don't think I could explain it articulately enough to make any readers understand it, and/or most might think I'm just being emotionally weak.

Maybe one day I'll explain it; for now, I'll just say that it involved relatives, misunderstanding, politics, FACEBOOK and a huge epiphany afterwards.

****************

On the fitness front, I fell off the P90X wagon (let's be honest here), filled some guilt-ridden days with half-hearted row workouts on the row machine, made one visit to our complex gym with a friend where she killed my upper arms with a workout that left my triceps aching for the rest of the week, and finally decided to re-start P90X but do the Lean program instead of the Classic.  I haven't yet taken advantage of the insanely good weather here in Ohio with an outdoor run yet (don't ask me why not, just lazy I guess) but I plan to do one tomorrow.

I've also made some blog-worthy meals, took the pictures, but then fell short of doing any posts on them [perhaps I'll do that tomorrow]; got some new highlights in my hair; did some indulgent clothes shopping for some items on my longtime wish list; and just got done with one set of students' spring recital this past weekend.  One more to go next month.

Also have a few trips/vacations planned for June, and I'd really REALLY like to make a trip to TN later this summer w/ a friend to visit our other high school friend who is expecting her first baby this year.  Will I be next?  Hmmm, don't know!  We shall see.

So I know I don't have a whole lot of followers, but I'd love to hear from you as well (even if you're not a follower).  If you'd like me to follow your blog (if I'm not already) just drop a comment--I'm always looking for new blog reads!

That's it for now-- going to watch a little of the Cardinals/Reds game on tv, then head downstairs to complete the Core Synergestics workout and maybe do a mini row.

Comments

Cat Simmonds said…
Don't you hate how FB makes you look at people differently?! Sometimes it brings the worst out in people! But other times, you can friend cool people! You should find me! Catsimmonds :)
Hannah said…
It does get tiring continuing to blog sometimes! I love reading yours though :) Sometimes I want to leave FB entirely, other times it's so much fun. GAH.
Gaby said…
@ Cat: I tried finding you on Facebook, but I wasn't sure which one you were! Is that your personal fb profile name or a blog page? You're right...Facebook definitely did just that with this relative, unfortunately. But something good came out of it (I shall explain soon!)...

@Hannah: thanks so much for reading-- I really love your blog and read every post even though I may be lame and not comment all the time, but that's only b/c I can't always think of something clever to say :)
Nate Robinson said…
Oh yeah, I miss the old-fashioned way sometimes of meeting people in person to talk or having actual conversations on the phone instead of texting messaging, and Facebook.

So many of these misunderstandings wouldn't happen in real life. During election season, I always see my friends list decrease on FB - I can be very opinionated and many 'free spirit' musicians I know from school or work, have found some of my views offensive I guess..

You falling off a work out regimen, I'm sure is better than me following one. ;)

Feel free to add me on Facebook (facebook.com/Naterobinson84).
Gaby said…
THanks for the comment, Nate--I'll look for you on FB! And thanks for still reading, haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)