Regret and Midweek Update

You know, I'm just a little regretful of my last post.  It was just a tad too gossipy for my taste--and that's not what I want my blog--or me, for that matter-- to be about.
I'm not retracting my feelings about the topic (I mean, I guess we all are entitled to our own feelings and opinions, right), but this morning when I got up and was thinking about it, I didn't feel the greatest about it.  And, of course, as if this couldn't be more of a figurative "see, I told you so", when I opened up my daily devotionals (I know, sometimes I don't sound very "Christian-like" but I'm trying!!), the topic of the day was "Don't be a Busybody" Ahhhhh!!!!! I'm sorry!

I'm not going to delete it, but I will try to be more careful about what I choose to write about in the future.

So, maybe a few things from this week, okay?

A violin student I had for about a year or so recently quit (she wasn't practicing and her mom was at the end of her rope trying to motivate her...I was also at a loss for ideas; in the end, I was the one who "gave permission"--that's really what I think they were waiting for--for them to "take a break" because it was obvious the girl had absolutely no intention of putting in any effort), and on Tuesday I received a small package with a thank-you note attached:


I already thought the note was super sweet, but the gift card and pretty necklace were an unexpected delight!  However, I am one of the anomalies on planet earth that does not possess an iphone (or smart phone for that matter) or any kind of Apple product, so I'm at a loss with what to do w/ this gift card.  Any suggestions?

I've also already made two trips to TJ's in less than a week (I love that place!) and got some items to make this Vanilla Pineapple Upside Down Cake which was so incredibly easy to put together.


Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the whole thing when it came out of the oven, and today that small piece is all that's left!  But it's very satisfying, and probably the reason I've gained 2-3 lbs this week.  Another tidbit about deciding to make this-- Ryan forewarned me that he didn't like pineapple cake (I suspect he had never tried it and was talking out of his butt), but I ignored him and made it anyway, and served him a slice piping hot from the oven.  He quickly finished it and handed me his empty plate, and I grabbed it about to walk away, but he held onto the plate and said, "No...I want seconds!" Whaaaat?  Yep, talking out of his butt.

And yesterday, I went for a glorious run with a friend in honor of the "Run for Boston" movement (wish more people could have come with us, but understandably most were probably at work #freelancerproblems) and did close to 3 miles before she met me, and then we did 4ish (she probably did more as she continued running when I was done) miles together.  I probably should have only done 6, because my knee hurt a little once I got home.  Today, my upper legs are just a little sore, but I think I'll be okay.

So that's how my week has been so far-- excited for the weekend, both for great weather and because we're going to see a Reds game and see my in-laws (I actually really, really, REALLY love my in-laws! My mother-in-law is the best, I feel so blessed that I get along with my husband's family).

That's all for now-- today is looking quite gorgeous, but I don't think I can go for another run, so perhaps Yoga or a weights workout is in order.

Definitely check out the recipes section on TJ's website.  They have a lot that seem decent, and I plan on trying out a few more in the future.

Comments

R's Rue said…
So honest and refreshing!
Also love unexpected gifts and snail mail!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Gaby said…
Thanks for reading, Regine! Yes, I looove getting stuff in the mail. Even if it's a magazine, yeah!
Hannah said…
My husband does that too--says he doesn't like some food and then it turns out he had no idea!If I don't remember him trying and rejecting it, I usually take that with a grain of salt.

Popular posts from this blog

Just popping in to say...

Life lately