It's Way Too Early

This is completely out of the ordinary and I don't ever expect to do this again any time soon--but here I am, up at 4:30 in the morning, unable to go back to bed.  I had a nightmare--a pretty vivid one--and I just HAD to write it down and get it out (won't do it here, but I typed it out for myself to reference to later).
Now that I can't go back to bed (about to make some french press coffee, might as well), I thought I'd just recap last night's happenings.

I taught from 3:45-8pm and pretty much had a headache the entire time.  I don't even know how I got through it; and as usual, I went over the designated allotted time for the last students, as I tend to do (does anyone else do that? I just stop watching the clock as I don't have to worry about another waiting student, and then I end up giving a 30 min. student a 45" or 1 hr lesson. Of course, parents never seem to mind....but they DO mind if you cut the lesson short by TWO minutes. Lovely, huh!).  At any rate, I was feeling tired, was just thankful that I didn't have to worry about dinner as we had leftover pizza (don't judge!) and I rushed home as quickly as possible after making a pit stop at TJ's (of course).

When I walked up to our front door, I found a note from Ryan saying he was at our local clubhouse's bar watching the Reds game with our next door neighbor.  This was a little out of the ordinary for us as we barely know any of our neighbors and we also NEVER set foot at that bar (more like a lounge area, really, that's on the first floor in the same building as the gym above), but I was intrigued and also didn't feel like being alone, so I dropped my violin off and headed over.

We actually had a great time with our neighbor.  They weren't so much watching the game when I arrived as they were talking.  Somehow, the conversation ended up on films we liked and Ryan and I were asked what our "top five" movies of all time were.  That is a really tough question!  But I enjoyed picking mine out.  They were:

1.  Last of the Mohicans (great soundtrack)
2.  The Godfather
3.  Silence of the Lambs
4.  The Edge
5.  Fargo

Ugh, I had a hard time choosing just five, but I think those are good ones.  I think the guys were just relieved that I didn't name "Legally Blonde" as one of the top five.

So as a mindless respite from my nightmare and the events of this whole week...what would you name as your "top five" favorite/greatest movies of all time?  Personally I think five is too small a number; I may have to broaden that on a later post.

When I used to work for the IRS (yes, you heard that right, I had a brief "stint"), I had a co-worker who had been a film major, and he typed out a "100 movies one should see" list for me, and while I lost the list since then, I did actually either purchase or rent on Netflix all of those movies.  Some were "eh", others were good.  I'll have to make my own "100 movies" list someday.

Anyways, Ryan and I were impressed that our neighbor knew so much about the same films we enjoyed, as well as even knowing who the directors/actors were.  Seems like most people we bump into don't usually know what we're referring to when we quote a line from what we think should be a well known film.  Ah well-- at least now we know we get along with our neighbor, right?!  Glad Ryan made another friend :)

So it's 5am.  I'll make coffee now...and then maybe read, cautiously and optimistically say I hope to work out, and then go on with the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Dear Teacher, I don't like to practice so...you're fired!