Weekend plans

Well, I thought 2010 was a fast year, but 2011 is proving to be even faster-- I can't believe it's practically the middle of February already!

I'm pumped for this weekend because my Dad is visiting and I consider it a special visit as he officially retired earlier this week.  I'm so incredibly happy and excited for him because he's been yearning to retire my whole life.  He's actually still pretty young compared to the average retiree, but he's worked hard for most of his life and I really think he deserves this.  On his last day of work, I called him and the joy in his voice was contagious; he couldn't believe that from here on out, he didn't have to go to work anymore.  The idea of waking up in the morning and doing whatever you please on that particular day thrills him.  Makes me look forward to retirement, too:P
Anyways, I'm sure my dad will have plenty to do, as he's always working on some project (he's a mechanical engineer, so he's always 'fixing' things).  We'll definitely get to see him around a whole lot more since we only live 2 hrs away and he'll have more time to visit.

Tomorrow morning, I've got a student's competition to go to.  I'm also accompanying my student, so I'm a little nervous about how I'M going to feel while he's up there performing in front of the judges while all I can do is accompany the best I can.  Something doesn't feel quite right to me about a teacher accompanying her own student for a competition, but there really was no choice because I don't trust other people to accompany my students, and second of all, I CAN, so I will comply if a parent asks me to do it.  Why pay a stranger who may not even do a very good job, when your own teacher can do it?
After that's over, I'll be meeting my Dad here for lunch and hopefully it'll be a laid back weekend for the three of us (my mom chose to not come up here this weekend--she hates traveling in the winter:P).

Off to teach the kids and then back home to clean up this condo and hopefully practice a bit, too.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)