D-bag of the Week

Whew!  SO glad that the past week is over.  Except for Monday, which was consumed by an audition, I was driving back and forth to Dayton, OH. for rehearsals and performances with the Dayton Ballet.  The show was called "New Music for New Dance" and it showcased four pieces written by three different composers alongside ballet dancers.  For the most part, it was technically simple music with annoying time meters, but just like any other show, we (the orchestra) got the hang of it by the middle of the week and all shows were fine.
However, we got a complaint from one of the composers--Jesse Ayers, of Canton, OH--who remarked to either our conductor or the pianist that he "preferred his composition through the MIDI file rather than the orchestra".  WHAT A DOUCHEBAG.  I'm sorry. I hate to use that word, but I think it's awfully unprofessional and mean-spirited (not to mention arrogant) to relay that to an orchestra of musicians who have had to listen and play the same annoying crap all week when I believe any small town composer should just be grateful that an orchestra is even performing your piece (of shit).
Anyways.  Jesse Ayers, you are now on my black-list.  I wouldn't  be surprised if the man himself came upon this blog post as a result of googling his own name.  Gawd, I hate musicians who are snobby.


Anyways, that whole mess of a week is over and things are back to normal.  Teaching, decorating our condo, cooking, shopping for spring and summer and practicing are all things I'm looking forward to.

Any interesting stories on dealing with d-bags, musicians or otherwise?

Comments

I hope your week is turning out better for you!
Gaby said…
Thanks:) I was just cranky the other day....all better now!

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)