It's Hump Day

I'm boiling two whole chickens right now for a few pot pies that I'm making--one for a friend and one for moi, so I thought I'd steal a little time to write something.

I was supposed to go running this morning with a friend, but she called saying she hurt her knee, so of course, the motivation to drive to the park and get out and go run the trail alone dropped to about 1% chance:P  Instead, I was glad for the extra time today so I could run to the store and get all the things I needed for my pot pies, as well as some other stuff since my parents are rolling into town tomorrow evening and are staying for the next three days.  I'm not sure how easy it will be to cook all meals for the rest of the week since my dad and hubby are planning on getting to work on our new floor right away on Friday.  I'm secretly hoping the men don't mind my mom and I NOT helping so that we can get out for some much needed mother/daughter/shopping/drinking coffee/running errands/together time.  (Can't you tell I'm excited to see my mom?)

After living in Columbus for nearly four years, I've discovered some good spots to visit and try, so that should make for a much more enjoyable stay for my parents.

I'm still a little in shock at how few students I have to teach today--one dropped out (after I've been hinting to the parents for some time that he would probably fare much better with another teacher--he's just too much for me to handle, as far as knowing how to deal with the disrespect and defiance.  I just don't deal well with those kinds of students; maybe because I was pretty disciplined and well-behaved growing up and knew that any disrespect shown to authority resulted in severe punishment.  Times have changed.) so I'm teaching for a whopping hour and a half tonight.  I'm thankful for that, though.  I can quickly come back home and have dinner ready and get started on cleaning up this condo so it's not totally gross when my parents arrive tomorrow.

I'm currently reading "Status Anxiety" by Alain de Botton, and it's pretty good, although it needs my complete and total attention in order to absorb everything he writes.  Unlike other books--like Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother--that took me only a couple hours to get through, I can't exactly speed-read through this book or else I will miss a ton of stuff.

Gorgeous day today, and I hope everyone else had just as great weather, too!  Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)