The Little Things

Fellow blogger and violinist, Sarah Marie, has come up with a fun series called "One Little Thing" where she focuses on everyday little joys and has invited others to join her, too.  I love this idea because I love to slow down to savor life's little pleasantries.  Sometimes, it's really easy to get caught up in the drama of everything else and forget to remember how blessed I am.  Also, I'm with Sarah on the frustration of not being able to complete everything on my grand "to-do" list (although, she has more of an excuse than I do...she has a baby!) and I like the idea of focusing on just "one thing" that gets accomplished either each day, or each week..or whatever works for you.

1.  So today, my one thing (and I guess I'll throw in a few others, too) will be that I thought ahead this week about tonight's dinner and have planned a crockpot meal of chicken teriyaki w/ rice for when my parents arrive later today, and am REALLY relieved that I don't have to worry about dicing, chopping or anything else when I get back from teaching this evening.  I'll get to step through the front door and smell dinner all ready and set.

2.  Yesterday, I caught a few pics of this little fella outside my studio:





3.  I love looking at these whenever I step outside:




4.  And finally, who doesn't love a bit of "dog shaming"?




Thanks for this great idea, Sarah!

Comments

sarah marie said…
I like how you combined my 'One Thing' resolution with my 'it's the little things' meme... leave it to me to be confusing the first time I try to do a link-up! ;) Come back on Monday and I'll have my One Thing post series again! Your crock pot dish sounds delish! And I love those mums. Mmm, there's nothing like autumn.
Gaby said…
ahh, woops, my bad!!
Shelley said…
That squirrel is adorable! I should get some corn for my backyard baby squirrel.

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)