A little behind....

I signed up for Run Eat Repeat's Pile On The Miles 2012 challenge and really got off to a bad start as I missed the first three days and just got in my first run this morning.  Ugh.  Running sporadically is NOT a good idea.  When was the last run I did?  I don't even remember.  The last race I did was a month and a half ago.  This morning's run was on a trail by our house.  Ryan forced me to do 5 miles and I'm glad he did.  I was going to settle for just 3, but considering I did zero running this past week, more mileage is always better.  It's possible I may have set an unrealistic goal for myself, but I didn't sign up with the intent to win, but to have that little nagging voice in the back of my head say each day "You really need to get out there and do SOMETHING...don't SUCK today!!".  So I'd like to do at least 3 miles during the week.  Possibly more on the weekends.  Next weekend will be hard.  I have three more opera performances Fri., Sat. and a Sun. matinee; students' recital on Sat and I'm behind on housework/haven't been cooking at home much this week b/c of all the late rehearsals and performances.

That's right.  Now I'm remembering why a few years back I didn't play in any orchestras or hardly do any gigs--I never get anything done around here!!!  Plus I eat like crap when that happens:(

What a somber reminder that I really can't be one of those people that can "do it all".  I might be coming to terms with it and actually feel alright about it.  I'm still working on the part where I don't care what other people think.  I'm praying that it gets better and better each passing year until I truly don't have a single thought about it anymore.

Anyway.  This weekend was a blur and I'm now just sitting down hoping to relax and enjoy what little is left of this Sunday.  Making a chicken pot pie (of course) for dinner and watching another episode of Walking Dead.  Somewhere in between I need to vacuum and clean the bathrooms and fridge. My least favorite household chores.  Oh--and there's an election on Tuesday (if you haven't already voted) which I almost nearly forgot about.  Notice I don't really talk politics on here.  That doesn't mean I'm ashamed of my views, it just means I'm older (and wiser...j/k!!) and truly understand why most people say politics and religion are no-no topics.  My Facebook news feed is an equal barrage of political spewing from both sides and whenever I get the impulse to post an opinion I remind myself of how I feel or view others' opinions in my face when I didn't ask for them...and I hold off on typing that non-essential opinion.  Wish I had always been that way.  It's possible I may have burned a few bridges (inadvertently) a few years ago b/c of it.  I sorely regret it.

I'm not sure when I'll post again--I've been terrible about it and am just not feeling it lately.  Right now, all I care about is getting myself active again, staying on top of my playing and my students, and making sure my house isn't a complete disaster.  It's a full-time job.

How are you all doing?  Even though it may seem like I'm fading away from existence more and more, I still regularly read all you bloggers out there and thoroughly enjoy the happenings in your daily lives!

Comments

Hannah said…
I'm jealous of all your performances! I wish we had a better freelance scene here. Love reading your blog even sporadically ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)