What's next?

Ahhh.  Well, Thanksgiving came and went.  So sad that it flew by so quickly; I feel like I hardly got to enjoy it :(

I did end up making almost everything I set out to, except for the pumpkin spice muffins for breakfast.  I actually held off on breakfast (besides coffee) because my parents tend to have their Thanksgiving "dinner" in the early afternoon (they're friends with a lot of other OLD people who don't like to drive at night, lol) and it didn't really make sense to eat anything so close to a huge meal.  Plus, I was busy making three side dishes--one of which I shouldn't have even bothered to make as there was SO much food, it nearly went unnoticed (my parents and husband redundantly pointed out to me to NOT bother to make this particular dish again, ha!)--I didn't really have time to think about eating yet.

I got rave reviews over the crockpot corn pudding and apple spice bundt cake (this one disappeared in less than 24 hrs! I didn't even get to try it!), but my husband didn't like my brussels sprouts (he claimed I've made them "better" in the past and that this recipe wasn't as good) or turnip puree.  The turnip puree, by the way, is the dish everyone told me to hold off on next year. Lol.  Not because it was bad, but because it was "too fancy" and was more work than it was worth, at least in their eyes.  In my honest opinion, I love this dish and I almost feel attached to it, since this was my second time making it.  I may keep on making it just for myself ;)

SO!  Onto Christmas...right?  I'm doing slightly better in the area of early Christmas shopping this year than in years past.  I was hoping to get everyone done by November's end, but I only just got started.  I found a gift for one of my nephews, so I can check that off my list.  Now I have to worry about the rest of the family (both sides).  But before I do that, I'd rather go over my own wish list, mm'kay?

1.  Favorite perfume:
:














2.  Gift cards to any of these:  Sephora, Nordstrom, Ann Taylor or DSW

3.  Work out clothes are ALWAYS welcome.  I could definitely use some long pants or tights and long sleeve moisture wicking shirts for the colder season.

4.  I don't know why, but I can't take my eyes off of these tights from Anthropologie:








Opaque Photoflora Tights

That's all I can come up with right now. I'm sure I can come up with more later :)  Per usual, my husband's list is longer than mine, lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)