A good start to Hump Day

Don't ask me why, but for whatever reason this morning, when my hubby asked me if I'd like to go to the gym (his gym, not the clubhouse gym which is smaller and on the premises) I grumbled and promptly pulled the covers over my head and left him standing there waiting for a coherent answer.  After some patient waiting, he correctly presumed that I had fallen asleep again and decided to go to the gym alone.  As soon as he left, I sat up in bed in a panic realizing that I was about to sleep in WAY too late and that that just couldn't happen today.  So I got my butt out of bed and dashed off to our small gym--although nice--which only has treadmills, not an indoor track like the Urban Active one that Ryan is a member of (I should probably get a membership too, so it forces me to use it).
I only did a 5K run on the treadmill, which actually is the most I've ever done on a machine (it's just so much easier for me to go longer on rural roads and pavement, but it's just too cold for me to do that right now), but ohmygoodness it felt awesome.  At the start of this year, I'm treating my runs as if I'm a beginner again--let's face it: my runs are so sporadic, I might as well still be a beginner.  Last year, I was concerned about speed and endurance with each new run, but I think what I care more about this year is consistency.  Really, consistency with everything--running, practicing [blogging?], continually working to be a better and more informed/patient teacher, among many others.

I used to be made to feel that having a blog was "self-indulgent"--displaying your insecurities, daily activities and personal goals to the whole wide world = craziness + waste of time.  But I think I disagree.  I love being made to feel accountable to perfect strangers (although after reading some others' blogs for some time, 'stranger' isn't the right term anymore), because it also opens my own world.  Who knew that I could discover so many individuals who have the same interests, qualms and experiences that I do?  Yeah, I know they're out there, but it's different when you enter this fascinating community of bloggers--and that's what it begins to feel like: a community.  And I love it.  It's so encouraging.  I love reading about all your accomplishments and hopes and dreams--as well as the not-so-great things that happen to us in life, so that we're not alone in what we do.

This was on my mind, so I had to say it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)