Keep snowing, dagnabit!

Hmm...almost 3pm and only one student has canceled so far.  Another called to check and see if we were still having lessons, and since I'm already here [I left only an hour 1/2 early, lol] I told her we were.  I really hope there aren't any "no-shows"--people just assuming there aren't lessons and not bothering to call or email, because then that's just a whole lot of sitting around.  I do practice when I have little breaks like that, but sometimes I don't get a whole lot done during those snippets of practice time because once I start, I hate to stop--especially when I think I'm making headway on something.

I brought my laptop with me to the studio so I can check email and weather updates throughout the evening. I know I'm lame and behind the rest of the world with no iphone, blackberry or smartphone, but what can I say? I was brought up in a frugal, no nonsense home and married a fellow cheapskate who shares my frugal, no frills outlook on life:P  I don't even have text messaging, which annoys a lot of people.  But I say, if it's important, you can call me and tell me over the phone, or leave a message.  I already have this blog and other blogs to distract me...no need for another petty distraction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)