Here's what I made this evening...


The hubby asked for chocolate chip cookies and I've been on a cookie making roll lately (I made two batches over the weekend of his grandma's "crunchy-bumpy cookies"; he loved them, I wasn't so crazy about them), so I jumped at the chance to try to make a really good, traditional chocolate chip cookie and I think I succeeded!

These are comparable to Toll House cookies, but I think are slightly better because of the home-made factor.  Plus, I think this might be the very first time I haven't messed up a baked good--I'm a horrible baker!

I'm so proud of myself:)

Here's the recipe:  http://savorysweetlife.com/2009/10/alices-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/

And as for my list of things to do over the weekend, some stuff still hasn't been checked off, like:
  • Running--it's been frickin' raining the past few days!  and I hate running on treadmills, so I'm just waiting for the rain to stop.
  • Planting new flowers (however, I did do the weeding on Saturday--check!)
  • Laundry--I did HALF of it, and am currently folding the other half:)
  • Practicing--????
  • Cooking at home--almost, except for lunch on Sunday b/c Ryan wanted to try a nearby burger place and we had a 20% off coupon, so I didn't think it was a big deal.  We went to Landon's Corners in New Albany--and were one of two couples at the place.  Apparently not a very happening place on a Sunday.  We both got burgers and they were just okay.  I don't think I'll go back again.
Alright, going to try to get this folding done before I become too tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)