Memorial Day 2011

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!  Getting ready to eat some barbecue on my parents' deck, and will probably leave later on today for Columbus:(  The weekend went by so fast, but it's always nice to come down here.

Did the Pvt. Heath Warner Memorial Day 5K this morning, and was a little dismayed when I got close to the finish line to see that my time was significantly slower than a year ago!  What the heck?!  I finished in 31'03"  Last year I was around 29 minutes and at the last 5K I did a few weeks ago, I was at 28 minutes.  Argh.  Whatever.  It was still a fun race and this is one of those races that I can see myself doing annually on a regular basis.

My hubby was a nut and actually ran TO the race (although he did not run the actual race) which was about the distance of a half-marathon.  He left around 6am-ish and arrived at the McKinley monument around when the race started.  Crazy.  Maybe I'll be a nut someday and do that next year.

Because of the holiday, I only have a four-day work week, and will also have a short week next week because I'll be leaving for Las Vegas!!  Can't wait:)

It's barbecue time-  hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!

Comments

Any amount of running lables you a nut in my book. Lol...be safe in vegas...and just remember that VEGAS will haunt you..so play responsibly.

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)