Beethoven 5K

*Update:  I went to the race's website to check my official race time, and I need to shave 7 seconds off. Woohoo!  Official 5K time: 27:31*

Just got done with the Beat Beethoven 5K in uptown Westerville and I feel okay with my finish time--27:38, 8:54 min./mile average.  After finding out the 1st and 2nd place females' finish times, I wished I had pushed harder.  I think 2nd place finished in 24 minutes.  Granted, this was not a big race, so not that many people, and not that much competition.  Still, though, when you hear that, it makes you wonder what you're capable of!  Also, I've been rowing more than I have running, so it felt a little weird out there; I started out hard and passed a bunch of people, but then after about a mile, I got winded, started feeling stomach cramps, and slowed down to almost a 10 min. mile.  I felt like keeping that pace until the end, but I just knew I was going to kick myself later for not pushing a little harder out of my comfort zone.  So I tried to stay under a 9 min. mile, and the last half mile or a little under, I pushed harder.  At least I finished before the 5th Symphony ended! Got my concert voucher, yessss!

The rest of the day, I have some cleaning and straightening up to do, b/c Ryan has a nerd party happening tonight.  He didn't ask me to, but I think I'm going to whip up some snacks for the guys--spinach dip, guacamole and maybe a taco pasta casserole that looks easy enough to make.  Don't really want to spend too much time cooking.  While the guys are downstairs being nerdy with their Battlefield gaming, I'll be upstairs practicing/ chill-axing with probably a few chick flicks, if there are any good ones out there that just came out.

Today was perfect weather for running, so I'm happy!  Off to get stuff done :P

Comments

Valerie said…
So, how long is Beethoven's 5th? Were you close, or did you blow it out of the water?
Gaby said…
I think the piece is around 32" and I finished close to 4 1/2 minutes before it ended. Not sure if that constitutes blowing it out of the water, but I felt pretty safe!

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)