Reds Rock!

We got back really late Friday evening--more like Saturday morning!--from the Reds game, but wow, it was worth it!  The Reds won!
I have to admit, being a classical musician, I don't really get into sports--fitness, yes--but team sports are usually something I tend to roll my eyes at.  Baseball, however, is something I can definitely get into and "makes sense" to me.  I attended my first (and last) football game here in Columbus last year, and just found myself squirming the whole time, wishing I could literally be doing anything else.  Perhaps it's because I went to school in Cincinnati, or maybe it's the fact that the Reds are the oldest ball team in the US, or maybe even that they've got the most amazing pitcher--Aroldis Chapman A.KA. "The Cuban Missile"--or it's just all of the above, but whatever it is, I am REALLY digging this team right now.  Friday's game was just an enjoyable evening all around, and I can't wait to attend more games this season.

I had Friday off, so after I got my new haircut, I came home and fixed a quick lunch for when Ryan got home early from work:  Baked tilapia with dill butter and a mango/red onion/cucumber salsa; mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed Swiss chard. SO good.  I just love Swiss chard.  I did have some junk at the game--an overpriced hot dog w/ a diet Coke--but I hardly ever eat junk like that, so I didn't feel bad.  After the game (random--but did I mention we saw Martin and Charlie Sheen at the Reds game? Kind of funny, but apparently, Charlie is a huge Reds fan and his dad is from Dayton.  There's your random, useless celebrity factoid for the day) we headed to Camp Washington Chili.  Eh.  Ryan loves it, but I personally prefer Skyline Chili.
Yesterday, I taught a few lessons and then came home to make my "famous" chicken pot pie.  Ryan had his friend come over so we could watch another Reds game on TV.  Hi friend generally refuses desserts whenever I offer them, so I wanted to know if there was anything he absolutely loved.  He told me he loved Snicker doodle cookies, so I looked up a recipe (easy enough) and surprised the guys with Snicker doodles.  There were O.K.  I'm glad Ryan's friend enjoyed them, but I'm partial to chocolate chip w/ coarse sea salt cookies:)

Went to church this morning and now, just lounging around watching--of course--the Reds game.  Contemplating whether I should run or row...or both.  Anyway, hope your weekend was as good as mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)