Blah blah, Monday, blah

Didn't do any workouts over the weekend.  I spent most of Saturday driving around to students' houses giving makeups for Friday's "snow" day.  It wasn't too bad, really.  We met some friends later Saturday evening for dinner at Flipside Burger at Easton.  If you ever go to Flipside, always ALWAYS get the One Red Door Burger--it's their best one, and one of my favorite burgers ever.

Sunday morning, I forced myself out of bed at 8AM to finally go to church (for maybe the first time in half a year) because I've been meaning to go for weeks and weeks (or rather, months...okay, maybe years!).  I grew up attending church regularly, and I attended a private Christian high school, but once I got to college, I wasn't very good about going alone and always felt guilty about it.  After college was even worse, especially after I got married, since Ryan doesn't go either.  It's strange, because I hate that we send mixed messages to people:  we don't attend church as a couple on a regular basis, so I think we give the impression that we're not "religious" or believing people, when that couldn't be further from the truth.  It's just that...well...we're human, and we're both extremely picky.  But now that I'm a little older and realizing that life is short, I'd like to shut the lid on all my petty excuses for not going.  Like, "I'd rather sleep in", or "I hate the music they play" or "no one ever talks to me at church, might as well not go".  Mostly, I just want some kind of community.  It's pretty sad that we've both lived here for 6-7 years and only have a scant number of friends.  And if we expect to start a family in a few more years, I honestly don't want to be that person who only starts going to church after the children have arrived--I would rather be a member and have my kids born into and grow up in a nice church.

Anyway.  Wasn't planning on elaborating on church attendance, but there it is.  I had to rush back home after  the morning service to change and grab some music and head to the music school at OSU, where I accompanied a student for a non-competitive performance.

Back to the grind.  Just finished a short row--about 20 minutes.  Wish I had gotten a workout done earlier today to keep the momentum rolling, but it didn't happen.  Tomorrow, I have to be confined to the house for a certain window of time in the morning for the cable guy, so I either have to wake up super early and pray a treadmill is open at our tiny club gym, or maybe venture outside for a run.  Today was strangely warm and supposedly tomorrow is, too, so I should probably take advantage of that, huh?

Ohhhh goodnesss...this week is going to be February.  Whaaaaat?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...