It's December. Ahhh!

Wow. Glad this week is finally over.  The new orchestra I joined this year is about an hour or so away from Columbus and we had rehearsals/performances four days in a row.  I was going to try and drive each way for each service, but I ended up staying in a hotel for one rehearsal b/c we had a children's concert the very next morning.  It was a cheap hotel, but I still loved it, lol.  I don't know what it is, but I LOVE hotels and airports.  It doesn't matter if they're crappy or nice--I just love anything having to do with with traveling.  Ryan thinks I'm a weirdo.  He's boring.

Anyways, I just got back from our sold out concert tonight.  This weekend's program involved contortionists/aerialists (think cirque du soleil) and while it was definitely an interesting program, the music was a little annoying for the orchestra, I think.  All numbers were basically fast showpieces.  I will say that we sounded a lot better in our performances than we did during rehearsals, so that's always a good thing.

This orchestra isn't the best one in the world, but it's good enough for what I'm trying to embark on, and that's just getting my feet wet again in the world of orchestral playing after taking a five-six year break from playing in general.  I'm still feeling a little insecure and uncertain about whether I may ever find myself in a very good, professional orchestra, but I suppose that most of that is up to me.  I think that I also need to be of the mindset that even if I don't ever "get there", my life is still wonderful and I'm doing what I should be doing.  No regrets.

With that, I await Ryan's lasagna for a late dinner, and am set to enjoy the rest of the weekend in my pj's with fuzzy blankets wrapped around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)