Prank or Genuine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkMvwwLfhw&feature=player_embedded

I just read about this violinist--who allegedly went to my alma mater and studied with the same violin teacher--on violinist.com, and I can't tell if she's being serious in her playing or if it's all a huge joke (and the LSO is playing along, as well).

If it's genuine...then it's AWFUL.  If it's not, and it's just some stunt for publicity...it's just dumb.  At least that's how I feel.

If someone actually admires her intensely--and insanely--wide vibrato, then I guess everyone can just play anything out of tune on their violins and be considered 'amazing' because when one uses that kind of vibrato, they ARE playing out of tune!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)