7 Random Facts About Me

Monica from Run Eat Repeat did a "7 Random Things About Me" post and asked her readers to do the same.  Since I didn't want to take up too much space, thought I'd do it on here.  Here goes:

1.  The thing I get asked the most by strangers when I'm out and about is "What nationality are you?"  In the past, I never knew how to answer it b/c I didn't feel like going through every single nationality.  I soon learned that there's a term for mutts like myself and the specific backgrounds we have: I'm eurasian!  Half Chinese and a smattering of a few European ancestors.  Even though my mom is from Argentina, that really isn't an ethnicity as that country inhabits immigrants from mostly Italy and Spain.

2.  I seriously think that if I weren't a musician, I'd enjoy being a repo agent or a detective because I'm good at tracking down people who don't want to be found, and/or finding out useless facts about them when most people couldn't care less.  I'm pretty relentless and very patient when it comes to things like that.  Wish I could apply that to my violin practicing or running.

3.  I once was a "product" model.  It is SO much less impressive than it sounds b/c after paying for modeling school, I found out that being a product model was handing out product samples at your local Kroger or Wal-mart.  The worst gig, ever.

4.  I worked for Starbucks for 3 years.  Best gig ever.  Free coffee, fun conversations with customers, and made great friends.

5.  I have permanent callouses on my feet from toe shoes from my former ballet days.

6.  When I imagine what I'd actually do with my life if people weren't watching or existed versus what I feel I need to do in order to make a good impression on others, I get upset at how very different the two are.

7.  I used to be an incurable, die-hard, obnoxious cat lover.  I had cats since the age of 10 and the last cat I had was my tiger cat Fredo, who I got my senior year of college.  I now can't believe I tolerated them as I'm allergic to them, hate animal hair and constantly got scratched by them and I'm actually scared to hold cats now, unless I know they're declawed.  I'm a true dog convert and I can't imagine my life without them now.

If you feel compelled to, I'd love to learn random facts about you, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)