Thankful for my car!

I won't be writing much since I don't really have a lot to say, but I did want to check in with #3 (or #4 technically since I 'accidentally' started this on the 31st) of "things I'm grateful for".

I'm SO thankful for my car.  It sounds arbitrary, I know--but try to imagine your life (unless you live in a big city) without one.  I find it so incredibly difficult to imagine what life must have been like over a hundred years ago.  Isn't it funny how far our society has come technologically speaking, and yet, I feel like our intelligence and education has heavily spiraled downward compared to people at the turn of the 20th century.

At any rate, I remember what it was like to be without a car for a few miserable days when I got myself into a small car wreck 2 years ago.  My parents graciously lent me their car while we shopped around for another one, and we were also incredibly lucky when the insurance came through and we were given more than what we paid for the original car I had since we bought it at the car auction.  I HIGHLY recommend purchasing used cars at an auto auction because if you have a good eye for it, you can walk away with a great car that is worth way more than what you'll pay.  So, because of that situation, I was able to get a newer, better car after the accident.  Obviously, it's not something one counts on (and I still wish I had never gotten in that stupid wreck) but it all worked out well in the end.

SO glad tomorrow is Friday!  Lucky hubby has the day off, but I still teach; most of the weekend is free, though.  One student has a concert, and then I'm playing Vivaldi's Gloria for a church service Sunday morning.  Hope you all have a great Friday...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)