Voting Day

I'm doing such a bad job of religiously posting my 30 things...this is turning out to be a "20 something Things I'm Grateful For"--sorry!  I'm just not used to posting every single day and let's face it--there are some days I'm just busier and I forget to do it.

It's a perfect day today and I just got back home from voting.  Eager to find out the results, although I have a feeling I know how it will turn out.  Regardless of the results--I'm thankful for the right to vote.  Around election season, I tend to get riled up by comments on Facebook (I know, I'm STILL on FB) and I really hate that.  I try to imagine if I'd let myself get that worked up if faced with some people in person, and I don't imagine that I would.  Maybe a little, but not to the extent that a social network allows for.  I need to remind myself that that is what is so great about our country--we all have different opinions and worldviews, but we're perfectly free to express them and vote accordingly.

Later, I'm teaching for slightly over 4 hours and I'm hoping I muster enough energy and motivation to drag myself to the gym or put on the layers for an evening run.  Lately, I've been wondering what else I could do to keep myself active without getting bored with a monotonous routine; I do love running, but I'm kidding myself when I imagine doing it every single day.  I'm not a creature of habit at all (or at least, when it comes to good habits, lol) so if I get tired of something, I tend to just not do anything at all.  So, I've been thinking about signing up for adult ballet classes.  I took ballet for 10+ years but had to quit when I entered high school to focus more on the violin.  I remember being really upset about it because I loved it so much and had hoped to join the company when I got a little older.  I started classes at the Canton Ballet and around the time I left, the director wanted me to start attending daily classes and that's when it really conflicted with my violin commitments.
Now that I'm an adult, I feel like I can really do it for myself and enjoy it without any pressure from instructors who hope to turn you into a professional dancer, which is basically the kind of training I received early on.  It was weird--I both enjoyed dancing but was incredibly stressed and terrified of my teachers.

I also love dancer's bodies, and I think this would be a better way of maintaining a leaner frame.  I'm already petite (5'1", 105 lbs), but because I'm so short, any weight gain--even a couple pounds--is immediately noticeable.  I think after the craziness of the holidays are over, I'll sign up for classes and hopefully I can find some that have times that work for my schedule.

I'll leave you with this irresistible image:
How can anyone NOT like Yorkies?  The are the most sublime creatures on earth.

Comments

Hannah said…
Is that your dog, so freaking cute! I don't run every day either, it is too much. Ballet classes sound like fun...
Eleanor said…
That dog is A~dorable!
Gaby said…
Yes, she is one of two dogs we have..our first born:P

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)