Double workout Wednesday

I know I've slacked on posting about a few P90X workouts here and there, but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing them!  They just start to get a little repetitive after awhile (I'm doing the Classic program, so I'm repeating the same weekly routine for 3 weeks before moving on to another phase).

Yesterday was KenpoX day (Day 6), which wasn't too bad.  But I still worked up a sweat.  I ran my usual Wednesday errands (it's my day off, so I use it to catch up on all mundane things) and stopped by Trader Joe's.  I like having fresh flowers in the house, but most of the time I don't bother because, of course, they wilt and die, and being the procrastinator that I am, I usually have dead flowers in the house for several weeks before I decide to throw them out.  But I decided I needed some color right now...and it IS Spring, so I got these:

After that I swung by the MAC counter at Macy's because I was long overdue for new makeup:

I got mineral foundation and powder, the BB primer, and red lipstick!  I've been needing a bolder lip color (I usually just wear chapstick) and the one I settled on is called "Ladybug".  It was a lot better than the first lip color the MAC girl put on me which was WAY too dark (it was like a burgundy color and I looked ridiculous in it).  I don't know about you, but I always feel like I need to know exactly what I should buy before venturing into the cosmetics area, otherwise I know I'm like roadkill for vultures when it comes to sales ladies pushing products in my face.

I got home and got ready for...Barre class!  Yes, my community gym (which was just renovated) now offers Barre classes, so I signed up.

I know I look excited before class, because I am...was.  I did ten years of ballet and I've missed it so much, so I was hoping it would involve a lot of plie-ing and jumping around.  Uhhhh, no.  It was not that so much.  It was more modified ballet and yoga and a LOT of staying on the balls of your feet while doing "pulses" which KILLED my calves and I think it's safe to say all four individuals taking the class (including myself) were trembling and shaking from the get-go.

Today I am super sore.  Good thing today is a P90X rest/stretch day!

Okay--off to do said stretching, some practicing for tonight's church service (just doing a short piece accompanying the choir for Holy Week at a Methodist...or maybe it's a Presbyterian church...I can never tell them apart.) and teaching a scant number of students due to it being spring break (yay!).

Anyone ever tried a Barre class?  Loved it? Hated it?

And let's pretend this is a fashion/beauty blog (even though it's not)--what's your favorite makeup or products that you like to use?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been dying to take a barre class! I think my favorite makeup item right now is my Urban Decay Naked palette. I don't use it much (usually only if I'm going out for something special) but it is a-ma-zing!
Gaby said…
I've heard a lot about Urban Decay--I'll have to try it out one of these days!

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...