"What's up?" "Not much...what's up with you?"

I just got done with a three hour rehearsal for Handel's Messiah this morning, and saw a few familiar faces--some musicians that tend to play the same gigs, the same music director, etc. and we exchanged pleasantries with most asking me "what's new?" My answer being, "Oh, just the same old stuff!"  Driving home I was thinking about that and how boring my life must sound right about now.  And YET, it doesn't prevent me from blogging!!!

I don't know, I guess I feel like I'm always a 'work in progress'.  There is just no end in sight and maybe that's why things seem a little slow and boring right now.  I try to work out, keep my house from looking like a complete wreck (this is a daily effort), more or less maintain my violin skills, and then just tell myself that at some point, some things will change--either for the better or worse.  But they're small changes; nothing to brag about.  And that's just life.

In other news, Ryan ordered a dip bar so we can get more of an upper body workout.  I'm a complete weakling and have only managed about six "dips" and about the same for reverse rows.  I am having fun pretending that I'm a gymnast and seeing how long I can suspend my legs in the air  in front of me (I can totally feel it in my abs/core).  I think male gymnasts have admirable physiques and it definitely takes strength to do what they do.  Oh, and female gymnasts, too :)

Just curious, in your opinion, what type of sport or activity renders the best, overall build?  I always used to admire ballet dancers, and at some point, when I was MUCH younger, I guess I sported a dancer's body.  Then I quit to focus on the violin more seriously and got "soft".  And then a few years ago, when I got into running, I thought that maybe I'd like to attain a runner's body (I guess wanting to be super thin and flat-chested was my thing back then);  now, I just want definition.  I'm still rowing, but I'm going to try more stuff with the dip bar and see how that goes.

Saw a garlic cream pasta recipe on pinterest that I think I'm going to make later today.  Or right now, since my stomach is growling!  Enjoy the weekend :)

Comments

My BF used to swim competitively in HS and he said that was a fantastic all-over body workout.

I've personally started running, then I do small things like push-ups, etc. for my upper body. I've been neglecting my core though, but I am hoping the running can help me build stamina and get more lean overall. We'll see!
Gaby said…
I've heard swimming is good, too. My breathing always gets messed up after I swim, though, so I generally stay away from the water:( This is why I probably will never do a triathlon, unfortunately!

Good for you for running! I've been slacking off in that dept, lately, gotta start doing it again soon...

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...