New Restaurant and Some Cleaning i.e. A Pretty Boring Saturday

Ryan got a Groupon deal for the restaurant, Knead, in a part of downtown Columbus called Short North.  It's very close to North Market, which is one of the more interesting things Columbus has to offer (can you tell I'm not a Buckeye fan? I'm just not that into football overall. Whatevs).  We finally made it out there (sans my camera, of course) and walked into a crowd of people waiting to be seated.  We weren't deterred since we didn't have anywhere else to be.  However, instead of a hostess taking your name down, there was just a pad of paper sitting on a table and you had to write your name down along with the number of people in your party.  Kind of weird.  There weren't any instructions telling you to do this, either.  We were told by other people waiting already after we stood there like deer in headlights for a minute or so.

After a 20-25 minute wait, we were seated.  We both already knew what we wanted since we had looked at the menu beforehand.  The attraction to Knead is that everything they use is completely local.  From their meat right down to the honey.  Sure, you'll find yourself among more "crunchy" individuals (unless you ARE crunchy, then you'll fit right in!), but the food hit the spot.  I'll definitely go back again.  I chose the "Motherclucker" sandwich (lol) which was their chicken sandwich made with Gerber Amish chicken, house cured bacon, aged cheddar cheese, garlic aoili (amazing) and local honey smothered on the buns.  This was a good sandwich.
Ryan got the "Dippity Brew" which was a French Dip made with short ribs braised in Dark Horse ale.  He liked it a lot.  We had to order any sides we wanted in addition to the sandwiches, which didn't come with anything else.  We both got the fries, which were more like shoestring fries.  I couldn't finish mine--there was a lot, so Ryan pretty much got a double order of fries.  Even the ketchup had Knead's mark on it--when we tasted it, there was a flavor we couldn't put our finger on and we kept trying to guess what it was.  I thought maybe balsamic vinegar or Worcestershire sauce, Ryan thought something "herb-y".  We asked the server and he said it was fennel infused ketchup. Ah!
I didn't order any dessert as I was thinking about getting Jeni's ice cream afterward, but I was pretty full so I decided not to in the end.

We stopped by Home Goods on the way home, looking for a small chair to possibly put in our living room (remember my furniture arranging from the last post?) but only ended up walking out with a few micro fiber cloths that I needed for cleaning the house.

And now, I'm relaxing after putting in four or so hours cleaning some baseboards, windows and our upstairs bathroom thoroughly.  Ugh!  I love being in a clean home, but I hate how much time it takes.  My goal for the month of March is to slowly, but surely, clean every inch of this condo.  It may not be the biggest place, but geez, there always seems to be something to clean around here.

Probably more cleaning tomorrow and maybe some shopping.

Tried any new restaurants lately?
Are you crunchy or anti-crunchy?
Are you a clean freak or a slob or somewhere in between??

Comments

Fennel infused ketchup? That sounds fabulous!,,

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...