Caught in the spotlight

It's been a rather fast week (even though it's not quite the end of the work week, it feels like it to me since I've had a lot of students on vacation) and I feel like I've hardly been working, yet haven't been home much at all.  Just a lot of sitting around in my studio with either no-show students or students who I knew were on vacation which resulted in a ton of gaps in my teaching schedule.

Wow. It's already the middle of July.  School starts in the middle of August for a lot of my students and I know that will be here before we know it.  Ugh.  I'm discovering that the older I get, the faster time flies by.  No wonder the past few summers have felt like a blur.

Tonight, I attended a chamber orchestra concert put together by Chamber Music Connection in Columbus, which is a chamber music organization for kids that a few of my students participate in.  Two of my students--13 year old boys--played in the same group together performing a piece by Haydn; I had helped one of them with their part the past few weeks and it wasn't that easy for him, so I was curious to hear how the whole group sounded.  Well, right as their group assembled on stage, a sunbeam shining through one of the church windows shifted right in my direction and I spent their entire piece looking down at my lap since the sun was so bright.  I felt like there was a HUGE spotlight on me, too, but figured it probably wasn't noticeable to anyone else other than myself.

Wrong.

I got an email from one of the boys' parents tonight with the subject title: Funny. Turns out my two students happened to look out into the audience as they were playing and all they could see was their lovely teacher illuminated by a great sunbeam!  I can only imagine how funny that must have looked to them.  Ha.

At any rate, not much else has happened around here and I have a day off tomorrow (today was practically a day off, too, since I only had one student).  I'll probably go for a run (my first this week so far. I know--I've been very bad) and then there's another smaller group performance via CMC that I'll be catching.  Hopefully no sunbeams this time:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life lately

Just popping in to say...

Graeters, skin problems and a 100th birthday (somehow these all seem related, but they're not)